Walk By Faith

Walk By Faith
My intent in this work was to show a chilly and muted landscape, and to maintain a loose technique in presenting it. I want to show the beauty, but leave the viewer wanting more - more depth, more color, more intensity. 


12 x 16 acrylic on deep gallery wrapped canvas

Click here to purchase via my website

This painting is the work that follows the 'Landscape Study' I painted in memory of a dear friend that has passed from his earthly life to his Heavenly home. As I mentioned in that post, my thoughts were of the relatively colorless life we live here compared to what waits for us in the presence of the LORD Jesus - HE calls us to believe in HIM to go to the place HE has prepared for us! (John 14:1 - 3)

Here are several verses I could not pass up as I prepared:
Philippians 1:21-24 Amplified Bible
For to me, to live is Christ [He is my source of joy, my reason to live] and to die is gain [for I will be with Him in eternity]. If, however, it is to be life here and I am to go on living, this will mean useful and productive service for me; so I do not know which to choose [if I am given that choice]. But I am hard-pressed between the two. I have the desire to leave [this world] and be with Christ, for that is far, far better; yet to remain in my body is more necessary and essential for your sake.

Philippians 3:20-21 New American Standard Bible
For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.

2 Corinthians 5:6-8 New American Standard Bible
Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord— for we walk by faith, not by sight— we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

“Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.”  ~ C.S. Lewis


Comments