Landscape Study

Landscape Study
"Is a bridge too trite an image?" I asked my co-analyst. "Well, it is certainly not at all what I was imagining," he replied. We have a friend who has passed from his earthly life into eternity, and I have really wanted to try to express some of the strong emotion his home-going has evoked in me. 

SOLD
10 x 8 acrylic on watercolor paper 
ready to frame

We discussed something that we have both thought - how the earth must seem colorless and drab in comparison to eternity in the presence of GOD. So I have wandered out in the snow and misty, cold rain and taken several photos to capture some images to work from. It is significant to me that there is a winter-y beauty, even in a monochromatic landscape. 

John 14:1-3 (NASB) “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3 If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also." 

Comments