Summer Livin'

Summer Livin'
I spent a couple of snowy days at home cleaning up my studio after the 30 in 30 challenge that I participated in. I was also getting my household back into a bit of order! It actually was fun to be a homemaker for a couple of days again. (I had the chance to ride in the snow plow truck with my husband - what a treat!)

The colors in this painting (though they are called cool colors) definitely remind me of summer.  Probably wishful thinking on my part! It reminds me of life and growth, warmth and activity. And, as is often the case, the painting is based on the cruciform composition. I recognize that my life, growth, warmth and activity come from a life built on the gift of my Savior on a cross - true life. 


Philippians 1:21 (New American Standard Bible)
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."


11" x 14" on watercolor paper
ready to frame

Comments