Hearts and Emotions

Hearts and Emotions
Once again today, I started out attempting a painting - abstract of course - that would express trees. I have several concepts in mind that I want to work into the painting, so today I made another attempt, using a painting I started yesterday. Once again today, the painting started to go in a different direction than I had planned. And once again today, I responded to the direction of the painting itself, thinking all along about what it may be representing. 

This painting reminds me of a sunrise after or through a storm, with waves all around. Even through the darkness and turbulence, there are bits of iridescence and color that shine through. 

My Bible reading lately has been in the Psalms. I have planned to read one a day for a while, and meditate on that for the day. It is fewer words than I am used to reading, and it has actually been a challenge to stop that soon! Today, I must admit, I read TWO psalms! :) Due to some medication that I am taking, my thought processes these days are a bit abnormal, and it is hard for me to feel like I have a handle on my heart and mind. It was encouraging and served as a day-brightener when I read these verses that reminded me that my Loving Heavenly Father is the One who evaluates my mind and heart, and HE defends me! I love HIM so much, and am so thankful.

Psalm 7:9-10 (Amplified Bible) Oh, let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, but establish the [uncompromisingly] righteous [those upright and in harmony with You]; for You, Who try the hearts and emotions and thinking powers, are a righteous God. My defense and shield depend on God, Who saves the upright in heart.

Comments