Presence

Presence
I have been working on this painting, which originally was supposed to be a completely abstract landscape. It has become more representational, and is looking like a tree painting - making up for a different try, maybe? 

As I was painting, I was listening to Practicing the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence. I wanted to find a quote from him that I vaguely remembered about guilt and failure, and sure enough, I did find it. But the overwhelming focus in the book is being constantly in GOD's presence. This was compelling for me to think about, and when I read from my Bible today, I found verses that reminded me of being close in HIS presence. 

So, although today's painting does not attempt to express these verses directly, I am practicing my painting in HIS presence today. 

Coram Deo. 


Psalm 17:8 (Amplified Bible) Keep and guard me as the pupil of Your eye; hide me in the shadow of Your wings
Psalm 17:15 As for me, I will continue beholding Your face in righteousness (rightness, justice, and right standing with You); I shall be fully satisfied, when I awake [to find myself] beholding Your form [and having sweet communion with You].


SOLD

Comments