Sent

Sent
The book of John has hard things to say about Jesus. Actually, Jesus says a lot of hard things that are recorded by John. I don't think it is likely that one could read this book of the New Testament and come up with a non-threatening version of the MAN who claimed to be GOD. 

Today in conversation with a friend, we discussed how Christianity and belief in HIM that leads to eternal life is not a political discussion, but a personal one. I have been thinking since then how it is important to see that although the path to Jesus and the choice to follow HIM is a personal one (very much colored by individual life circumstances), it is not just an innocuous and unimportant alternative. Though I as an individual believer do not want to scream in the faces of those who are not HIS followers, their choice is the most significant choice they could ever make. It is an eternal choice. How could I care for someone and not care what they think about Jesus? 

My hope for your happiness and contentment is that you will learn about Jesus and choose HIM.


John 7:16 Jesus answered them by saying, My teaching is not My own, but His Who sent Me. 17 If any man desires to do His will (God’s pleasure), he will know (have the needed illumination to recognize, and can tell for himself) whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking from Myself and of My own accord and on My own authority. 18 He who speaks on his own authority seeks to win honor for himself. [He whose teaching originates with himself seeks his own glory.] But He Who seeks the glory and is eager for the honor of Him Who sent Him, He is true; and there is no unrighteousness or falsehood or deception in Him. (AMP)


GIFTED
11" x 14" acrylic on watercolor paper
1/2 " white border
 

Comments