Hallowed

Hallowed
I have recently been learning a lot more about prayer. I have prayed for many years, and have enjoyed talking to my Heavenly Father. For that reason, it surprised me a little that HE is using 'the Lord's Prayer' to teach me more about praying. Why should it surprise me, though, when I know very well that HE taught the disciples who walked daily with Jesus, I don't know. Why would I think I would have a good handle on praying when they didn't?

The idea of 'hallowing' the name of the Heavenly Father is one of the things that I have been learning more about. My reflections on this idea have led to this painting.

Luke 11:2-4 (NASB) And He said to them, “When you pray, say:
‘Father, hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
‘Give us each day our daily bread.
‘And forgive us our sins,
For we ourselves also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.

And lead us not into temptation.’”

11" x 14" acrylic on watercolor paper
1/2 " white border

Comments