Be Faithful

Be Faithful
Be Faithful. That is what my husband has been saying to me as I have struggled for the last several weeks over my attempts at painting. It has been a discouraging time for me with many things taking the time that I might have devoted to painting, and many days with no good results to show for my painting efforts. But he reminded me that faithfulness is what I am called to. Not fabulous paintings. Steadiness, not success. Response, not results. 

Today, in three different ways, I was reminded of the same passage of scripture which carries the same message. To obey and respond is humbling, and beautiful in the eyes of my primary Audience. HE, too, calls me to faithfulness. And HE is so beautiful. 

John 3:29-30 (AMP)
29 He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the groomsman who stands by and listens to him rejoices greatly and heartily on account of the bridegroom’s voice. This then is my pleasure and joy, and it is now complete. He must increase, but I must decrease.


NLA

Comments