Splendor; Proverbs 20

Splendor
This has been a busy day of varnishing paintings from the 30 in 30 challenge I was part of in September. (I have done about half of them so far...) 

I am excited to say that I will be showing the Proverbs series (and maybe a few more paintings) in the public library in November! I got to do that last year in November (my birthday month) and I am delighted that it is open to me again this year! Also, the people who have purchased paintings from this Proverbs series have graciously agreed to let me show them as part of the show, and that is great too!

Today I am catching up on the twentieth chapter of Proverbs. 

Proverbs 20:19 (ESV) "The glory of young men is their strength, but the splendor of old men is their gray hair." 

I like the word splendor, or other versions use beauty or glory for the gray hair of an elder. I appreciate the reminder of the value of my older brothers and sisters in this verse!


11" x 14" acrylic on panel

Leave comment or contact me directly to purchase.

Comments