Proverbs 19; Loyalty and Kindness

Loyalty and Kindness
This morning my husband had a group of men here at our home to meet for prayer and encouragement for each other. It is a strong group of men, and I usually try to not be where I would hear or interrupt them. I am impressed and charmed by my manly husband working these things out with other solid, Godly men.

This painting is full of movement, energy, and strength. I chose the colors to be robust and substantial. The sgraffito and color changes are vigorous, too. I hope this one represents the passage well. 



Proverbs 19:22 (AMP)
22 That which is desired in a man is loyalty and kindness [and his glory and delight are his giving], but a poor man is better than a liar.

11" x 14" acrylic on panel

Leave comment or contact me directly to purchase.

Comments

  1. I like all the energy and movement in this piece. I'm not sure how it relates to the passage but I sense the presence of the group of men influenced it in some way. I love it when men get together with God as their focus, it's rare and precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was thinking of the idea of a man (as opposed to a person) being kind and loyal, and of how it can be strong and attractive in a man to have these characteristics. With that in mind, I chose the colors and energy to represent manliness, and the red to represent kindness, and blue to suggest loyalty. And I love to see these things in Godly men as well!

      Delete

Post a Comment