Appointment

Appointment
This is the second of a group of three paintings that coordinate and can be displayed as a group. I posted one last week, and have not been online in order to share this second one until today. So much has happened this week, and I have things to share! 

$100 plus shipping and handling
6" x 6"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas
Edges painted black

But first, let me tell you a little bit about this painting. I have entitled this one Appointment, and you can see that there is a pattern of small dots that help to direct the eye to the place where I want the focus to be. I have chosen a place where I want your attention to meet mine - an appointment, of sorts - and the lines and shapes in the painting are all intended to direct you to that meeting place.  Each of the three paintings in the group has the same palette, and similar techniques. Each uses line and shape and contains a metallic gold paint. I love how each took on it's own character in the process of painting. 

Another sneak peek at the three
coordinating paintings

Yesterday I opened my email to find some encouraging news! My painting That's Golden was awarded the BoldBrush 3rd place - Abstract for July 2023! This painting competition is enormous, with over 2400 pieces entered from artists all over the world. Along with that, my painting Insight placed in the top 15% of paintings for the same competition. What a day brightener it was to get those emails! (You can view all of this month's winners here.)
That's Golden (cropped) and Insight

I have been mentioning a new, big project now and then, and I finally have permission to tell you more about it. Two artist friends and I have been chosen to share our original art at a new hospital in our area! The health facility has actually been here for a while, but the new addition of hospital space is slated to open soon, and it will have our work on the walls. We have been excited to share this privilege! 
"Hope" was the word that came to each of us artists, individually, as we were first allowed to walk through the unfinished spaces. Isn't it cool that we all felt the same focus? 

And along different lines - keeping it real, as it is said - there have been some very tough things to face this week, and I was NOT doing well. My attitude was bad, and I felt like my God was not listening to me. I told Him so, when I finally read my Bible one morning. I told Him the areas where I knew I needed His attention. Interestingly, yesterday He directly answered a couple of my unspoken, and kind of unrecognized prayers. And one of the answers was even laughably funny. (Maybe one day I will tell you more about the blob in my milk...) I am still in the middle of hard things, but my Loving Father reminded me that He is paying attention!

Luke 12: 6-7 Aren’t five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten in God’s sight. Indeed, the hairs of your head are all counted. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Comments