A Walk Along the Lake

A Walk Along the Lake
 Saturday was a protracted day of travel for me as I returned from a long overdue visit to my mom and family in beautiful Minnesota. While I was there, there were days of cool sunshine and a day of rain and thunderstorms - and you KNOW how I love thunderstorms! Every day provided opportunities to go for walks, usually along beautiful Lake Minnewaska. 
The time spent there was refreshing, and I came back ready to get into the studio! 

$100 plus shipping and handling
6" x 6"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas
Edges painted black

As is often the case, I have several paintings underway in my studio, so in order to get back into the habit of blogging and posting more often, today I am starting out by posting one of a group of three small paintings that coordinate together. I had more fun than should be allowed painting these today! I did actually finish all three paintings, and I will show a sneak peak of the grouping, but I will be sharing them one at a time in the next few days. 

This trip to MN came up unexpectedly, as I had a break in an otherwise full calendar, and it was such a pleasant change of pace. (Not to mention a delight to spend the time with my dear mother. I wish you knew her - she is cheerful, encouraging, and a very godly person. I would love to grow up to be like her.) 

My full calendar has a few engagements that have been on my mind, and they have not been letting me rest as I should. Last Christmas, I made a commitment to not worry, and I do still try to live by that, but it has been tough lately! So I won't say I have been worried about the upcoming challenges, but I have certainly been mulling them over a lot.

Along with that, I have people near me that are going through unthinkably difficult days, and if you are a praying person, would you pray for them? Desperately sick people, people facing divorce and unemployment or under-employment, lost loved ones, and many other trials have been coming to the forefront, and I have been sorrowing and praying about these things. 

While in the north country, I chose to read the same chapter of the Bible every day for my time with my Heavenly Father. I read and reread John 14 from the New Testament, and oh, how I loved it! It is such a beautiful chapter, and different verses would stand out to me every day. I was reading on my phone, and the app I use has audio that can be turned on, so I listened as I read. I especially love listening to the King James version, because the reader for that version of the Bible has a deep voice with a British accent. 

Here are a few of the verses that upheld and delighted me during the week:

14:1-3 “Don’t let your heart be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come again and take you to myself, so that where I am you may be also. 

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me..."

27 “Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Don’t let your heart be troubled or fearful..."

Comments