Evening on Beyer Trail

Evening on Beyer Trail
There were three main homework assignments for the class I took for painting acrylic landscapes. 
I painted over the first painting I did  almost as soon as I uploaded the homework to the group, because it was not my style or taste. I decided then and there that I would have to adapt the teaching and homework to more my style if I wanted to like it at all. I also used my own photos of places I care about as I painted. So here is another painting from one of my favorite places to walk, the Beyer Trail. 

$215.00 plus shipping and handling
12" x 9"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on canvas panel
Ready to frame

I took the photo I used for this painting in 2013, and I have actually painted it before in a completely different style. I must admit, I think I like that less representational style a little better. Do you? Someone did like it enough to buy it pretty much right away that year, which hugely encouraged me, of course! 

Practicing and learning more and more about my craft, acrylic painting, is so important to me, and I am thankful for the opportunities that come up for me to learn. Taking online classes and studying tutorials and demonstrations has been empowering. 

And now, I may just have to go to my studio and paint another rendition of this photo and see what new style I can come up with! 

Comments