Just Before Sunrise

 
Yesterday morning, just before sunrise, I went for a short walk to our woods. I knew rain was on the way, and the air was balmy and inviting for mid-January! By the way, this has been such an odd, warm January in northern Indiana, and believe me, I am NOT complaining about that!

NLA
12" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on cradled wood panel

Since sometime in November, I think it was, I have been working on (or more appropriately, fighting with) a larger painting. Today, I just wimped out. I decided I wanted to paint from a photo, maybe because for the next two weeks I will be taking a master class on landscape painting. 

So I opened the photos on my phone, and found this one from my walk yesterday. The sun had found the tiniest crack to send a beam of red-orange light behind the woods, and it was very soft and subtle on the clouds overhead. The whole scene was quiet and just barely showing color, and it felt like a balm to a tired soul. 

Psalm 33:21-22
For our hearts rejoice in him
because we trust in his holy name.
May your faithful love rest on us, Lord,
for we put our hope in you.






Comments