Beyer Waterway

Beyer Waterway
This week and last I was participating in an online masterclass. The focus of the class was acrylic landscape painting and there were techniques presented and homework due every session. While I really appreciated the course, I found that I have already learned much of what was presented just through hours of painting, and that I prefer to paint scenes that I know and love. 

$215.00 plus shipping and handling
12" x 9"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on canvas panel
Ready to frame

With those things in mind, I adapted the lesson and painted this homework project from one of my photos, and more in my own style. I did still try to use new information, but I also wanted the painting to be truly my own work and style. 

Last week I had the opportunity to visit the Indiana Waterways project at the Fort Wayne Museum of Art. Two friends of mine are among the five artists that worked on this project, and it was a huge undertaking! The paintings (I think around 100 of them) are just stunning. There are five distinct styles of art and the artists traveled through Indiana and painted waterways from all over the state. I highly recommend going to see it if you can. 

I did notice, though, that my county was missing from the book and exhibit. So with that in mind, I am considering this painting as the missing Kosciusko County waterway painting. It is nothing like any of the paintings in the FWMoA, but that is just as it should be! 

And also, as much as I have enjoyed the focus on landscape painting, I am delighted to have spent some time painting abstract work too, and my new painting is nearly ready to release. It might even be done yet this week. Woo-hoo! 

Comments