Reintroducing Not Lose Heart

Not Lose Heart, 2014

 This morning I drove about an hour to another city to enter three paintings in an exhibit with the theme "upside down". It was tough to decide which paintings to enter, not because I didn't have any paintings with that theme, but because so many of them would work! Almost all of my work is an expression of my view of our upside down world, and the hope for creation that only comes through Jesus Christ. 

18" x 24"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on hand-made, prepared wood panel
Ready to frame

Not Lose Heart has not been in a competition before, even though I am particularly fond of it, and I have had some friends tell me they love it too. I find that it expresses hope in a stormy time of uncertainty even more strongly now than it did when I first finished it. (Although if I were titling it today, I might look for a less awkward title phrase that still gives the same message.)

A section from the Old Testament that reminds me that God has a different view of our world (upside down or not) is a comfort to me, even though I know it doesn't always mean I will like what He is doing! 


Isaiah 55:8-9 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
and your ways are not My ways.”
This is the Lord’s declaration.
“For as heaven is higher than earth,
so My ways are higher than your ways,
and My thoughts than your thoughts.

I am grateful to be able to rely on His wisdom and His ability to work everything out. 

By the way, this painting can be displayed either vertically or horizontally. Which is your preference?

Comments