Spring Morning

Spring Morning

All of the windows in the house are open this morning. I guess it is supposed to get hot today, but for right now, it is just fabulous to have the fresh breeze. As I was passing through our living room a little while ago, I heard a sound like a chicken clucking, or at least what I think that sounds like. Since I have never actually had chickens, I guess I am not sure about that. I glanced out the front window, and there was a pileated woodpecker right near our porch where we have bird feeders most of the year. He visited several times during the winter, but I hadn't seen him in a long time. These birds are uncommon, and are pretty shy. Have you ever seen one? 
When a car came into our driveway, he swooped away to safety in a tall tree in our fencerow. 

NLA
6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on panel
Ready to frame

This morning I just HAD to get to my studio and paint a little  before breakfast! I have been missing studio time, and I know it will be hard to come by for the next little while, so I picked up my palette knife early today to finish this small painting. I already had something from the Bible to be thinking about, too, as I painted. A short proverb that has been set to music was on my mind.

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are protected. 

The painting hints of a tall, backlit tree and that reminded me of where the woodpecker went for protection when he felt threatened by the car in my driveway. The tree was his strong tower. I really enjoyed this illustration from nature that served to remind me this morning of where my rest and confidence can be found. 

Comments