First Cutting

First Cutting

Yesterday was the first day I tried plein air painting at home after our return from Santa Fe. (Are you tired of hearing about that yet?) I loved being out in the sun and painting the place I love! I suspect I was taking in some much needed vitamin D, since I came in with a little sunburn!

When we got home, my Beloved Husband was so eager to get to work around our property. He had to do a lot more sitting around and "wasting time" than he likes while we were traveling, and that is no small matter to him. He loves to be accomplishing something and is rarely still for more than a few minutes, so he was glad to be on his mower starting to tame our wildly growing pasture. 



$160.00 plus shipping and handling
8" x 10"
Painted with acrylic heavy-body paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper, contact me to purchase

Psalm 109:26-27 Help me, Lord my God;
save me according to Your faithful love
so they may know that this is Your hand
and that You, Lord, have done it.


Today I am not unaware of the brokenness and sorrow surrounding so many of us. As my Beloved Husband and I prayed together this morning, we brought many situations before our Heavenly Father, from situations in our own city to the shooting in Texas to the wildfires in New Mexico to the war in Ukraine, and more. To quote another artist, Tammy Keller, "I don't have a lot to say, but will be spending the day doing what I know to do. I'll be in the studio working through all the emotions while trying to bring beauty into this lost world." 

Comments