Lots of traveling and some exciting news!

This past week I decided at the last minute to take a trip to the no-longer-quite-so-frozen North to visit my Mom. It is a long drive, but the time with her was more than worth it. While I was there, I painted a couple of small paintings in my motel room. I find that painting without my regular tools and paints is very challenging, and is probably really, really good for me!

This painting is done with watercolor pencil on watercolor paper and is 4" x 4". It is available by contacting me

My drive time was made more enjoyable at times with a couple of audio books, including Blessed Are the Misfits, by Brant Hansen (a book that was given to me by a friend) and Right Ho Jeeves by P. G. Wodehouse. The Hansen book was great for making me think, and the Wodehouse for making me laugh. 

As I was driving, I got a notification for my email, so I checked it out when I stopped for gas, and found that my work had not been accepted in an exhibition that I had applied for. Of course, I was disappointed by that, but imagine my surprise when, at the next stop, I learned that one of my paintings actually HAS been accepted! 

Prayers & Promises, 
accepted into the
 
Acrylic International Biennial Juried Exhibition

"Congratulations! Your painting (above) has been selected for the inaugural Acrylic International Biennial Juried Exhibition, on display at the Kenosha Public Museum (KPM) from August 20 through November 6, 2022... "

This acceptance is such an honor, and (but?) it will necessitate another long drive to deliver the painting to the gallery. I hope that maybe I will get the chance to meet some of the other artists whose work has been accepted. This new competition is replacing one that has exhibited work from some very highly respected artists in the past. 

Well, I am kind of wandering as I write, and I have some packing to do for my upcoming art adventure in NEW MEXICO! I have not been there to visit for any length of time and am excited for the venue as well as for time away with my Beloved Husband. I look forward to telling you more about it when we return. 

Coram Deo.

Comments