Simmer Down


Simmer Down

 I am excited about this new painting for today. 

30" x 22"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

As I worked on it, I kept telling myself that I needed to find a color to help the painting simmer down, and at one point, I just decided that would be a great title for it. 

The sermon we listened to on Sunday was excellent. The series is called Fearless, and I think I need to look up all of the other sermons in the series and listen to them. At one point, the pastor referred to the world seeming like it has gone crazy. It sure does seem like a lot of people feel the same way, including me. It can be too easy to focus on all of the difficult and strange things that seem to be going on. 

For the last several days, I have chosen to read the entire book of Ephesians each morning. It is only six chapters long, but I usually just read one chapter at a time. What a difference it makes to read the whole thing at once. I would recommend it! Both at the beginning and end of the book, I am called to simmer down when I am reminded that grace, peace, love, and faith are found in my loving Heavenly Father. 

Ephesians 1:2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 6:23-24 Peace to the brothers, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace be with all who have undying love for our Lord Jesus Christ.

Comments