Pool Party

 New paintings are difficult in some ways. It's not so much that they are difficult to paint, but deciding when they are truly finished, and titling them - that can be brutal. Maybe not for all kinds of art, either. Maybe that is mostly an abstract art problem. 


22" x 30"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame


I shared photos of this artwork on Instagram, and asked for title suggestions. I especially liked the first idea - Pool Party. We have a pool right outside my studio window. My Beloved Husband was a "pool guy" for many years, so of course, we had to have a pool! It was usually a busy place in the summers while our kids lived here. This year, though, we have not really had swimmers, and in fact, the pool is only kind of ready for them. Our summer has mostly gotten away from us, and our pool is showing it's age - and ours!


Oddly enough, the painting also reminds me of the weather radar on my phone. We have had so many pop-up thunderstorms and scattered showers this summer. We have had some big, BIG branches down, and my guess is that a combination of lots of rain and occasional wind is weakening them. 

Five paintings are under way in my studio (and yet, somehow, I still fit in the room with all of that work in progress!), so I should probably go back to my easel. Have a beautiful day!

Comments