News and updates

How about a lot of photos for this blog post (and newsletter)? I have been working on some larger works in my studio, and a HUGE project that may or may not come to fruition, and along with that, have been keeping up with and planning exhibits that are restarting this year. I am so glad for the opportunities that are coming back around!

Sold at FWAG pop-up gallery

In the last week, give or take, these two paintings have sold at a pop-up gallery at Jefferson Point mall in Fort Wayne, IN. It is a new venue for me, and has opened by and for the Fort Wayne Artists Guild. 

It is such a huge blessing when someone decides that they want to own one of my works. Not only does it allow me to keep buying art supplies (thank goodness!), it also encourages me so much. There is something about selling paintings... it is a piece of my soul that I am putting on display, and to find that someone finds beauty there, in whatever way, is bringing new heart into my work. 

A Painting About Spring
(Redbuds, Dogwood, and Trillium)


Speaking of buying art supplies, I entered a contest at Jerry's Artarama, which is where I buy most of my supplies. I was absolutely delighted to have this painting chosen for the first place prize! The prize will be a gift card to Jerry's, which I will love using, as you can imagine! This painting was sold last year, by the way, and again, I am so thankful that someone saw the beauty in it that I saw. 

As I am working on my larger projects, I have been moving many of my older daily paintings to Daily Paintworks, at least for the time being. Here is a collage of several of the works that are or have been available there. All of these recent uploads are 11" x 14" works on paper, (so the collage shows a cropped version of each one) and are available. If you see one of these that you are interested in, it may be available on Daily Paintworks here, or you can contact me directly to purchase. 


Well, I better get busy. I will be alternating between painting on a large work or two, and planning for my booth at the Village Art Fair in Winona Lake, IN coming up in just a few short weeks. Yikes!

Numbers 6:24-26
The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

Comments