Liquid Sunshine

Liquid Sunshine


One of my very favorite things is rain. I am currently working on my computer in front of windows looking out on our yard, and listening to the raindrops hitting the skylights above me. Delightful! 

11" x 14"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Liquid Sunshine started out as a study for me. The current large work in my studio is a painting about soul, and as I work on it, I have been working out techniques, tools, and materials on this study. I am very excited to see how the final large painting will turn out, but am also surprised and delighted with this smaller painting. I thought I would be working more on it, but it has come to a point that I don't want to lose, so I am calling it finished. And even though it started as a study, I have still painted my emotion here, and I have still applied principles of art to the finished painting. 

Yesterday, while walking in our woods, I caught myself apologizing out loud to a wildflower that I had accidentally stepped on. Out loud! I also found a group of about a dozen Jack-in-the-pulpits in a little area surrounded by fallen logs, and I though one should call a bunch of Jack-in-the-pulpits a seminary. Right? Are you with me on that? 


I have recently turned to the Psalms for my daily time reading the Bible. Usually these poetic writings serve to draw my heart and soul to my Heavenly Father through emotional pictures and phrasing. Here are some beautiful verses from Psalm 31.

Psalm 31:7 I will rejoice and be glad in Your lovingkindness,
Because You have seen my affliction;
You have known the troubles of my soul,

Psalm 31:16 Make Your face to shine upon Your servant;
Save me in Your lovingkindness.

Psalm 31:24 Be strong and let your heart take courage,
All you who hope in the Lord.


P.S. I am going to try writing these blog posts without prices for a time, because I think the prices may be causing the newsletter (that draws from my blog site) to be considered spam or junk mail. Please let me know whether this change impacts you in any way! Of course, the painting is priced and available on my website! 

Comments