Perfect Peace II

Perfect Peace II
Perfect Peace II

 Friends of my daughter are planning to get married, and this couple wants to use some of my artwork as they establish their new home. (Woo-hoo!) They spent some time looking at some of my paintings, and chose some that they were drawn to, including one that is no longer available. So I decided to "repaint" Perfect Peace

As I started working on it, I was working with the ideas of peace, and what it means to me now during the COVID shutdown period. I thought of how, in this confusing and complex world, peace still comes from keeping my eyes on Jesus - through the veil, so to speak. 


Sold
6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Vertical development in this painting pulls eyes upward. The gaps in the veil still show bright glory beyond. And to me, the dotted lines (so to speak) can refer to His peace raining down, or my tears in the darker days that are eclipsed by the glory beyond. 


Isaiah 26:3  (HCSB) You will keep the mind that is dependent on You in perfect peace, for it is trusting in You.

Or the same passage from a different translation: Isaiah 26:3 (Amplified Bible) “You will keep in perfect and constant peace the one whose mind is steadfast [that is, committed and focused on You—in both inclination and character], because he trusts and takes refuge in You [with hope and confident expectation].

This version of the original painting is much more complex than the first one. I have learned a lot as and artist, and these days seem more complex - at least more complex than my memories of 2014. I am thankful for the peace that is available in Jesus in spite of the complexity and tears of these days. 

Comments