More Than Watchmen, triptych

More Than Watchmen, triptych
 Psalm 130:5 - 6 "I wait for Yahweh; I wait and put my hope in His word. I wait for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning—
more than watchmen for the morning."

Mark 4:37 - 41 37 A fierce windstorm arose, and the waves were breaking over the boat, so that the boat was already being swamped. But He was in the stern, sleeping on the cushion. So they woke Him up and said to Him, “Teacher! Don’t You care that we’re going to die?” He got up, rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Silence! Be still!” The wind ceased, and there was a great calm. Then He said to them, “Why are you fearful? Do you still have no faith?” And they were terrified and asked one another, “Who then is this? Even the wind and the sea obey Him!”

The passage from Psalm 130 has been on my studio wall for a couple of weeks now. I have been considering how abstract landscape paintings can express more than just the idea of a landscape, and today I tried a technique that I seldom work with. 

Sold
10" x 8", 7" x 5", 7" x 5"; grouping of three
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Contact me if you would like to purchase them separately.


Click here to view on my website.


8" x 10"  - A
The under painting on these three paintings is a 'grisaille' painting - done all in black and white, and the color is then added to the painting. This technique can help to determine whether there is an adequate value structure before the painting progresses as far. 



What do you think? Would you like to see me try more with this technique? Can you tell any difference from my usual techniques?
5" x 7" - B
5" x 7" - C

Comments