Far Kingdom

Far Kingdom
After nearly a week trying to name and blog about this painting, I finally gave up and posted it on Instagram and Facebook as "Untitled", and asked for title suggestions. I felt that my longing for my eternal home and my (sometimes distant) hope were showing up in this landscape. 

One friend suggested "Far Kingdom" in reference to a song by the Gray Havens, and I am loving that suggestion! One of the lines in that song that touches me speaks of the Far Kingdom knowing my name. 

36" x 36"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas

Click here to purchase via my website.

John 14:1 - 3 “Don’t let your heart be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come again and take you to myself, so that where I am you may be also."

So, thanks to my friend, I have a title, but I am still short of words for this one. I hope you can feel what I feel in it. 

Coram Deo.

Comments