Poem

Poem

Ephesians 1:4a (HCSB) For He chose us in Him, before the foundation of the world, to be holy and blameless in His sight. 

This morning, as I read my Bible, this part of this verse in the New Testament captivated me! I am so thankful that, in Jesus Christ, I am holy and blameless in the sight of God! My mind and body relaxed as I thought about being chosen, holy, and blameless. 

This week has been good, but scrambled and busy. Some of the time has been (happily) spent in the studio, and I have made progress on several paintings that have been 'on the easel', including this one. 

SOLD
16" x 20"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website. 

Delicious texture and color are what captivated me in this painting. I have had it in progress for quite a while, but because I loved the stage it was in, I couldn't proceed. I finally knew this week how to keep the parts I loved, and still finish the painting. I love the calm, relaxed feeling expressed with these colors and this composition. 

Another pause in my morning came as I read a poem by one of my very favorite poets, Christina Rossetti. Here is part of her work, Ascension Eve. 

"O Lord Almighty, Who hast formed us weak,
With us whom Thou hast formed deal fatherly;
Be found of us whom Thou hast deigned to seek,
Be found that we the more may seek for Thee;
Lord, speak and grant us ears to hear Thee speak; 

Lord, come to us and grant us eyes to see; ..." 

Beautiful, isn't it? 

Coram Deo.

Comments