Beyer Trail Landscape II

Beyer Trail Landscape II
Today my son heads back to Dallas after having been here for a few days. Did you know that you can get sick to your stomach from sadness? I don't know when I will see him next, and it almost makes me panic. There have been these knots inside...

But, even though that is true, I know he is where he should be. Dallas has been great for him! I love hearing his thoughts about the things he has been learning. I love the ways he has grown past me in his seminary education. (As has my daughter who lives in Michigan!) 

One of the tough things is that I know almost every parent goes through this change. I know that everyone else makes it through just fine. And I am struggling so hard. Does everyone think they will be able to handle things? Do we all think we have some special strength when our kids leave home? Or is it just me? I know that when I get back into my studio on Monday, the routine and the joy of painting will return, and I will once again be able to celebrate the blessed life I live. 

And I have been so blessed. There are probably some parents that WANT their kids to move out of their sphere. Some are eager to be free of struggles associated with difficult relationships, I suppose. But not me. I have such rich relationships with my husband, son and daughter (and many others), and I know that part of the blessing of deep love is pain at parting. And, you know, I am so proud of all of them! My Beloved Husband who leaves every morning to make a good life - a good living -  for us, my son who has moved to Texas to follow the call of the Heavenly Father, and my daughter who lives, works, and studies in Michigan, also following God's call. 


16" x 20"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame
Click here to purchase from my website.

So, I guess this painting is a good example of the textures and colors and values of life at this time of my life. There are the darks that make the lights stand out more. The neutrals that draw attention to the brilliant brights. And then the concept that I walk past this scene often on my walks, and only really see it now and then. 

Coram Deo. 

Psalm 100 
1 Let the whole earth shout triumphantly to God!
2 Serve the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
3 Acknowledge that the Lord is God.
He made us, and we are his—
his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him and bless his name.
5 For the Lord is good, and his faithful love endures forever;
his faithfulness, through all generations.

Comments