Still Life painting with friends

Still Life with Friends
So, I have been griping quite a bit about it, but MY COMPUTER IS DEAD. So everything is more challenging, except the actual painting. THAT is still a lot of fun, thankfully! But organizing, blogging, pricing, posting, getting and responding to messages... all of that is not going as smoothly as usual, and I really don't have much room for error! *wink*

I am posting this painting without a Paypal link. If you would like to purchase, please contact me! It is a 9" x 12" on a canvas panel, and the price is 

It was my privilege this week to paint with artist friends in someone else's studio. We all gathered to paint, and the person who is a realistic still life painter was ready to give tips if we wanted to try. He brought photos for us to work from and was gracious with helpful suggestions. In all honesty, my still life is FAR from the quality of his work, but it is also pretty far from my usual. I really enjoyed trying something different, and painting with friends. I think it is helpful to keep learning all the time, and even when the experience is not directly applicable to my normal painting style, I am still developing new knowledge and skill that make me a better artist overall. And it is so much fun!

Here is hoping I can get back to (more) normal soon! 

Comments