Breakthrough

Breakthrough
When I asked Google to define 'breakthrough', here is what it said. 

break·through
/ˈbrākˌTHro͞o/
noun
-a sudden, dramatic, and important discovery or development.
-an instance of achieving success in a particular sphere or activity.

I can think of at least three areas in my life where I would welcome a boost these days. One of them is in my painting. It is not so much that I want a leap in ability or technique as I want a deeper dedication and commitment to practice and learning. Don't get me wrong - I would welcome a magical leap in skill and especially in marketing. Wouldn't everyone? But that breakthrough in focus...


20  x 20" painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper

Ready to frame 

While I was reading my Bible this morning, I was asking my Heavenly Father for a breakthrough of a different kind. I was asking for a renewed passion for Him and His path for my walk through this life. I do love Him dearly - I think I love Him more than life itself - yet I find myself slipping into an easy, self absorbed lifestyle. I don't want to just call myself a follower of Jesus. I want Him to empower me in my daily living. I want to live differently because I belong to Him. 

My passage was in Ezekiel today, and I find these Old Testament books to be challenging in many ways. Today there were such sad words again about the demise of Israel and Judah in the ancient world. Chapter 8 talked about how the leaders of God's people each followed his own idol and how they all together worshiped abominable 'gods'. Ezekiel saw God's beautiful glory, but then he saw it departing. 

Ez. 9:3 Now the glory of the God of Israel had gone up from the cherub on which it rested to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed in linen, who had the writing case at his waist. And the Lord said to him, “Pass through the city, through Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and groan over all the abominations that are committed in it.”

Ez. 10:18a "Then the glory of the Lord went out from the threshold of the house..."

I pray that my own breakthrough - my achievement of success - will be in my focus on my Heavenly Father. He is beautiful and glorious, and I don't want to follow any but Him. 
Coram Deo. 

Comments