Forerunner

Forerunner
forerunner
[fawr-ruhn-er, fohr-, fawr-ruhn-er, fohr-] 
noun
1. predecessor; ancestor; forebear; precursor.
2. an omen, sign, or indication of something to follow; portent:
The warm evenings were a forerunner of summer.
3. a person who goes or is sent in advance to announce the coming of someone or something that follows; herald; harbinger.
4. the Forerunner, John the Baptist.

According to this dictionary definition, 'Forerunner' is the perfect title for this painting. 

As part of my opportunity to have my work displayed at Canal Street Gallery in our town, I have the chance to paint a 'demo' during the huge art fair on the streets this weekend. Wow! What a fantastic way to break into this art business thing! *smile* 

At the same time, I AM TERRIFIED! Ok, maybe just nervous and scared and nervous. This will be the second time I have painted in front of people, and it is definitely not in my 'box' as of yet. So, I am practicing. 


SOLD
20" x 20" on watercolor paper


As I prayed and read my Bible this morning, I asked my Heavenly Father (the Great Artist) for an idea to work with, and I believe HE has given me something. I started to practice today, and can see that I want to develop this idea further for a public painting situation, but I am happy with my first painting. Even happier than I thought I would be, which is is a nice surprise! 

Here is a part of what I read today that encouraged me:
Psalm 86:3-4, 16 - 17 (Amplified Bible)
Be merciful and gracious to me, O Lord, for to You do I cry all the day.
Make me, Your servant, to rejoice, O Lord, for to You do I lift myself up.

O turn to me and have mercy and be gracious to me; grant strength (might and inflexibility to temptation) to Your servant and save the son [or daughter!] of Your handmaiden.

Show me a sign of goodwill and favor, that those who hate me may see it and be put to shame, because You, Lord, help and comfort me.

I asked HIM for help, for a sign (a painting idea), and to help me rejoice. HE has given me all of that and more. HE is kind beyond my wildest thoughts!
Coram Deo.

Comments