Restore to Me

Restore to Me
There has been a long stretch of not much productivity on my part - at least as far as painting goes! Since I started painting regularly (just over a year ago) I have found that my days (weeks... months even...) seem dry and severely lacking when I am not painting on a daily - or almost daily - basis. 

Along with that, interestingly, I have found that my closeness with my Heavenly Father seems more sparkling and delightful, deeper, more satisfying to me when I am painting. At first, although I was painting things that were inspired by HIS word and my love for HIM, I did not feel that I had learned to communicate with HIM or be aware of HIS presence in the studio. I am learning that now! To the point where I miss that kind of conversation with HIM when I don't have colorful, paint-splattered hands or clothes. :)

It is joyful for me to find that HE is allowing me to use something I love to be near HIM and occasionally share HIS love with other people!

The upward reaching strokes remind me of growth from the hollow of HIS hand. There is, as usual, an indication of the cruciform composition that is based on the cross shape - just as my life is based on the cross of CHRIST and HIS making me into something beautiful. If you look closely, you can also see the three intertwined circles that I love to use to represent the Trinity, and my relationship with my GOD. 

Psalm 51:10-12 (New American Standard Bible)
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me away from Your presence
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation
And sustain me with a willing spirit.


DONATED
11" x 14" acrylic on watercolor paper
1/2 " white border

 

Comments