Prepared

Prepared
The book of John in the New Testament has been an inspiration for this painting. I notice that I keep returning to that book. It is interesting to me that many would suggest John as a first book for someone to read if they wish to start reading the Bible, but I find it difficult at times - and I have been reading the Bible for a long time! (I had typed how many years, but that was just TOO MUCH! You will just have to guess at that one!)

Chapter 14, verses 1 - 3 are part of my thoughts with this verse, as well as Isaiah 55:9. These passages both talk about GOD's 'realm' versus ours, and that is much of what I want to communicate here. There is separation between HIS thoughts, ways, and house, and me, yet here and there, I can find a dim reflection of HIM and HIS beauty. 

John 14:1 - 3 (Amplified Bible)
1 Do not let your hearts be troubled (distressed, agitated). You believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely on God; believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely also on Me. 2 In My Father’s house there are many dwelling places (homes). If it were not so, I would have told you; for I am going away to prepare a place for you. 3 And when (if) I go and make ready a place for you, I will come back again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also.

Isaiah 55:9
(New American Standard Bible)
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

SOLD
18" x 24"  acrylic on canvas panel

Comments