Deep Comfort

Deep Comfort
In a recent art magazine that I was perusing, I saw the new design plans for a couch. The shape and curves of the couch were very complex and unexpected. The complexity and surprising appearance of the couch were the very things that made the design beautiful. I really wanted to look at it and sit on it and rest. 

In chapter 14 of John, JESUS is comforting HIS disciples in their deep grief and confusion over HIS coming death. They thought HE would take over world rulership at that time and change their lives - make them more comfortable. But the design of the Heavenly Father was much more complex and (to them) unexpected. And the very complexity and startling nature of HIS plan is stunningly beautiful. Because of HIS death, I can look to JESUS in my troubles and find deep comfort and rest. 


John 14:1 (NASB) “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.
14:27  Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. 


SOLD
3' x 4' abstract acrylic on panel


Comments