Is This the Time?

Is This the Time?
This little painting carries a lot of thoughts, and a big name! It is a heavily textured acrylic on wood panel, 5.75 x 5.5 inches with rounded corners. I can attach a hanger to the back in order to make it ready to hang with no frame, or it could also be matted and framed. The jewel tone colors are deep and translucent. 

One of the things that I think of when I look at this painting is sea life - underwater plants and animals. They are often so beautiful in photos that I have seen. I find it so interesting that most of them will never be seen by human eyes, yet they are colorful and graceful and alluring. They grace the garden of their Creator, and they bring only HIM pleasure. 

The shapes here are organic and seem to show growth and life. In my life, part of my growth includes waiting for GOD to direct me on a daily basis - spending time in prayer and reading my Bible... listening to HIM. Sometimes when I have pressing questions, HE gives me answers that I want, and other times, HIS answer is 'Wait'. Not my favorite word, by any means. 

In answer to my questions today, My Father said wait. 
Acts 1:7 (Amplified Bible) He said to them, It is not for you to become acquainted with and know what time brings [the things and events of time and their definite periods] or fixed years and seasons (their critical niche in time), which the Father has appointed (fixed and reserved) by His own choice and authority and personal power. 8 But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea and Samaria and to the ends (the very bounds) of the earth.

When the time comes, HE will supply everything I need. 
Philippians 4:18-20 (New American Standard Bible) 18 But I have received everything in full and have an abundance; I am amply supplied, having received from Epaphroditus what you have sent, a fragrant aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well-pleasing to God. 19 And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever. Amen.


5.75" x 5.25" acrylic on panel
(rounded corners)

Comments