Sparkling

Sparkling
Sparkling, vivid color and exciting shapes are some of the things I love about today's painting. It is a new start (new technique) and an encouragement to continue to explore, grow, and learn. 

Today I was working in my studio with my Lovely Studio Companion across the table from me, and I decided to give this technique a try. (I am trying to regenerate my acrylic paint from the surface I use as a palette, and use the paint skins.) I have thought it would be great to try it, but didn't feel like I was 'ready' - for some reason! But, with her encouragement, I gave it a whirl. And I have to say, I really REALLY like the result of this first effort! I found that I really love the paint skins that I (with the help of my Lovely Studio Companion) have retrieved, and I love playing with them.

The ideas of refreshing and renewal, of delight and sparkle, of snow and presents, and of new perspective and attitude are some of the things I want to express. 

I am not at all sure I can communicate how this all links with the passage I read in my quiet time with my Heavenly Father this morning, but it most certainly does. 

Hosea 14:1 - 2, 9 (NASB) Return, O Israel, to the Lord your God,
For you have stumbled because of your iniquity.
Take words with you and return to the Lord.
Say to Him, “Take away all iniquity
And receive us graciously,
That we may present the fruit of our lips.

9 Whoever is wise, let him understand these things;
Whoever is discerning, let him know them.
For the ways of the Lord are right,
And the righteous will walk in them,
But transgressors will stumble in them.

This painting is sold.
6" x 6" acrylic on watercolor paper
Leave comment or contact me directly  to purchase.


Comments