Scepter

Scepter
Sparkling gold in this painting is a reminder of something distinctive and rare - something bringing celebration! The colors and action I use are intended to represent royalty and vigor and strength. 

This Christmas seems to be the year for me to contemplate the Incarnation of Jesus. (Last year my theme was Follow the Light.) I am overcome, today, by HIS chosing to leave HIS position to come in the lowly 'clothing' of humanity - just for love of me and each other man of HIS creation. 

As I read a section in Hebrews today from the Amplified Bible, I was struck with the concept of eternity, and the concept of righteous rule. Sometimes reading words from a different version can spark new thoughts - and for me lately, they seem to often be 'graphics' instead of words. :) (I wouldn't have it any other way!)

Hebrews 1:8 (AMP) But as to the Son, He says to Him, Your throne, O God, is forever and ever (to the ages of the ages), and the scepter of Your kingdom is a scepter of absolute righteousness (of justice and straightforwardness).

11" x 14" acrylic on watercolor paper

Comments