Lost & Foundry

 
Lost & Foundry
Admittedly, I have been falling behind with posting and other online chores lately. The good thing is, I am still not too far behind in my painting goals for the year, which, since it is only February, is to be hoped for and expected!

$240.00 plus shipping and handling, framed
9" x 12"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on wood panel

Last week we had some spectacularly gorgeous days, and I chose one of them to do a plein air painting, since I had not painted outside for a long time. I painted near where my Beloved Husband works, and when I went in to say hello to him, my brother-in-law (with whom my BH works) said to me, "Get a coat on, or you'll get sick!" I argued that it was 65 degrees outside and it felt delightful to be out without a coat!

Well, I was disappointed to find that I was completely worn out after painting for a couple of short hours. What I had forgotten was that, in fact, I was already fighting a slight cold, as was my BH, and guess what? That little cold has ballooned into being quite sick for the last week or so. Ugh! I am hoping my brother-in-law is not one to say I told you so! I am also really hoping to feel better soon. 

I loved the challenges associated with painting this industrial conglomeration of buildings. I have been working on new ideas and techniques for more representational paintings, as you might remember, but I am afraid I mostly just painted what I was looking at with this one! The buildings are complex and the area is challenging with dirt, noise, traffic, and interruptions, so I am not actually feeling too bad about painting kind of what I saw. Some of the forms of the buildings are old and show a lot of character, and I think the group as a whole is interesting. 

I know it has been pretty quiet around here in blog and newsletter land. I have been working hard this month on a commission project, I am delighted to say. It is also very busy in personal life, with family birthdays coming up and little things like figuring out my taxes... 

There are a few opportunities that I am quite excited about (but cannot tell you about yet), and I have 9, yes, N-I-N-E paintings in progress as we speak, so I hope to be in touch with you again soon! 

Comments