It's About Time

It's About Time
Early in my work as a full-time artist, we met some new friends from Cuba. It was so uncommon to meet someone from Cuba at the time, and they were staggered with the abundance and relative affluence they encountered here in the United States. In spite of our almost-non-existent Spanish, we were able to host them during their time near our home, and show them some of our favorite places. 

My paintings were exhibited at a coffee shop then, and we took them there to see them. Can you imagine how humbling it was for me when that new friend encouraged me to continue working with my hands, and then prayed that God would bless "the work of [my] hands"? Obviously, it was very meaningful to me - I still remember it. 

Psalm 90:17 Let the favor of the Lord our God be on us;
establish for us the work of our hands—
establish the work of our hands!

This painting, as with most of my paintings, has layer after layer that has been painted over. It is nearly unseen in the final work, yet the impact of each shape, color, and brushstroke is important in the way it informs the final work. 

$950.00 plus shipping and handling
28" x 22"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Since January, I have been spending my time a little differently than other years. More painting - less marketing, internet time, and schlepping work between exhibits. (Though more may soon be in the works.) It can can be difficult to sort through whether my time is being used in the best way, and whether the work I do that is otherwise unseen is the best use of my time and skills. When I have thought about what to title this work, I would think to myself that this is what it is about. "It's about time," I would say. 

So, I am trusting that God has a plan for my work, both seen and unseen. I trust Him to establish the work of my hands. 

Comments