Long Lay the World

Long Lay the World
Yesterday was unusual for a Monday. Usually I spend Mondays catching up after the flurry of weekend activities, organizing my painting time, entering contests, marketing, answering emails, and so on. This time, I had to plan, do paperwork for, and drive to a competition venue right away in the day. It turned out to be a good start to the day, since it got me back in the saddle, so to speak. 

This year has been a different one, too. I would guess that almost every person reading this email can look back at this year and say the same - it's been an unusual year. One of the things that has had a big impact on me and mine is the cancer that my dear sister-in-law is fighting. She is a very important part of the work places where my Beloved Husband makes a living for us, and these places are really suffering with her absence. And because of that, the weight on my BH has been extra heavy, and it has been heavy to me too. (I would greatly appreciate your prayers for her and her husband and sons!) I know that many of my readers have also had to walk through illness/cancer with loved ones. It is not a pleasant road to walk. 

$100.00 plus shipping and handling
7.2" x 7.2" (one of three coordinating works)
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on hand-made, prepared wood panel, rounded corners

Another loved one has recently suffered a bitter disappointment in her life, and it is overwhelming. There have been broken relationships and painful family situations. And you may remember me telling you about the destruction in our woods. In fact, you might be sick and tired of hearing about it. And there have been wars and disasters and social upheaval all around the world. 

"Long lay the world in sin and error pining..." Do you feel it too? It is as though we are once again awaiting the arrival of our Savior. And, in fact, we are. 

There are many, many places in the Bible where I find hope, encouragement, and peace as I wait for the joy of seeing my Redeemer face to face. Here are just two passages that remind me that He is the solution for this weary world. 

John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Your heart must not be troubled or fearful."

Isaiah 25:8-9 He will destroy death forever.
The Lord God will wipe away the tears
from every face
and remove His people’s disgrace
from the whole earth,
for the Lord has spoken.
On that day it will be said,
“Look, this is our God;
we have waited for Him, and He has saved us.
This is the Lord; we have waited for Him.
Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation.”


Long Lay the World
The Weary World Rejoices


Comments