Gearing Up

 I am excited to share that I have a couple of new opportunities coming up on my schedule, so I am "gearing up" in the next several months! One of the possibilities is participation in a black and white exhibit. I have done this limited palette before, but all of those pieces have sold, so I have had a great chance to paint another one. I love the opportunity to try something that is a challenge to me. 

$350.00 plus shipping and handling
12" x 12"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on cradled wood panel

This piece has black paint with flat finish, and with glossy; white paint that is flat and white that is glossy; heavy bodied paint and fluid paint, and a mix of metallic and gritty textures. I really enjoyed working on a good composition while showcasing so many kinds of uses of black and white. The painting is slightly mechanical, and also kind of reminds me of x-rays. Gears are suggested in each of the quadrants of the work (though it is difficult to see in a photo) and there are also organic shapes throughout. The varied textures are satisfying to me. 

Another opportunity is taking me quite a bit further outside my comfort zone, and it took a reminder from another artist to refocus my attention on serving my Great God through the challenge. She said, "Well, yes, that is difficult, but we serve a big God." Oh, so true! I am just sorry I was freaking out to the point that I needed the reminder! I guess I need to gear up my mind, too, as things get more intense in the next while. It's gonna be great. 

Comments