New Clearing

New Clearing

I am once again posting from my recliner. I feel very thankful for a comfortable home where I can rest and heal safely from whatever it is that I did to hurt my ankle! (I remember the day, but I thought it would be fine and didn't go to the doctor right away, so we don't have a very clear picture of what happened to it.) And isn't it remarkable that I can be in touch with you as I sit here, since we have the internet and laptop computers and phones that can move to wherever we are?

This past summer was a full summer for us, and several times we had trees down due to storms going through. The last storm that did damage to our property took down a huge tree in our pasture and a bunch of the stately giants in our woods. My heart was crushed by that devastation, because I love our woods. (Just to let you know, I have only been back there one or two times since the storms because of the aforementioned ankle injury!) The last time I walked there, I climbed through logs and debris and saw the changes in the light that came into the woods. I have tried to focus on the hope of new growth in the midst of the loss of those magnificent trees, so that is what I tried to express in this abstract, palette knife painting. 

$72.00 plus shipping and handling
6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on panel
Ready to frame

I think the idea of new growth through, or in the midst of, change and even destruction is an important theme, though not always a pleasant one. I would rather have the new growth without the difficult times, of course. I have to admit, I wonder whether there will be new growth in my life personally and in my art when I am on my feet again. 

Isaiah 43:19 Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert.




Comments