What a surprising day it has been...

Full of His Glory, 2018
My plan for today was to make good progress on my newest larger abstract painting, and maybe even to finish it, and to write a good blog post telling about it's story. I also wanted to let my readers know where my art is currently displayed. 

Well! Today took a lot of very odd turns! This morning, a crew came to finally remove the enormous tree that had fallen into our pasture, damaging our fence. It took 3 large pickup trucks, 2 loads each; a big dump truck, 2 loads; a giant front-end loader; a chipper; and 7 men in hardhats wielding chainsaws and other tools to get that thing off our fence! They will be back to finish tomorrow, and I am so glad my Beloved Husband did not try to do it all himself. 

After several other small interruptions, my daughter called - THERE WERE SNAKES IN HER BASEMENT! She has just bought a house, and we are helping her get it into move in condition, and she has snakes. Just to be clear, neither she nor I are snake lovers - at all. So she and I have been trying to support and encourage each other much of the afternoon and evening as she finds ways to clear them out and prevent more moving in!

And, we have a couple of loved ones who have become quite sick in the last day or two as well. It has been an emotional time for us, and it makes it hard to have the energy to put into a large painting. 

8 works currently displayed at 
Gallery K in Fort Wayne

However, there has been some good news too. Along with receiving a big award at the Hoosier Salon Exhibition, I have also taken work to show in the Fort Wayne Pop-up Gallery in the Jefferson Pointe mall, I very much enjoyed painting en plein air in my first paint out, and I have 8 paintings in the Inch by Inch exhibit at the Gallery K in Fort Wayne. Maybe you have seen them in these places! 

So, I have decided to share this painting from 2018, Full of His Glory. I just brought it home from an exhibit, and rehung it in its prominent spot in our house because I like to see it every day. And also, here is a collage of my paintings that are displayed at Gallery K. Maybe next week there will be more new abstract work for me to share. 

Coram Deo.

Comments