Plein Air ACEO and Open Studio prep

In the midst of my prep for my Open Studio, I took a break with the BEAUTIFUL weather we had last week and tried my hand at painting outside (en plein air). I have tried painting outside a few times, but I would like to get better at it. Having only a short time to work, I decided to try an *ACEO size canvas paper, sample tubes of acrylic paints and I painted using only a palette knife. I hadn't realized what a big difference high winds make, but oh my goodness! In spite of my inexperience, I do really like how this little landscape turned out. "They" say to paint what you love, and that is just what I did; I painted our woods as seen from our back yard. 

Oh, it was great to be painting! When I am working toward some kind of art event, I often don't find the time to be in the studio painting, and I MISS IT so much! The next little while in my art schedule is packed with events, and I will have to fight for time with paint and canvas. Well, it will be all the sweeter when I get back to it, like it was with this little one. 


I want to share several links where you can find more information about my art and schedule in case it is not covered here on my blog. 
My website can be found at www.brendastichter.com . There are links to almost all of my media on my website, and you can sign up for "art alerts" that come out when I upload work there. 
I have a Facebook business page at www.facebook.com/BrendaKayPaintings .
These blog posts go out in an email almost weekly - and most of you reading this are seeing it on that email! But if you are visiting the blog, here is a link to sign up for the email
I do have a YouTube channel that has a few videos on it, too. 
And I can be found on Instagram under @brendastichter



Speaking of my Open Studio, I just want to be sure you have all of the information you want about this opportunity. I hope that a lot of my readers who live nearby can make it to this exhibit of my work here in my home. I have a lot of artwork hanging throughout the house, and am looking forward to having friends see it in real life. It will be Friday, April 22, 2022 from 5:00 - 8:00, and Saturday from 9:00 - 8:00. They are predicting blustery weather around here, so it would be a great time to see an indoor exhibit! 

To find our home, from the Walmart in Warsaw, IN, head north on State Road 15 for about 2.5 miles until you see a sign that looks like this one, (only with the right hours on it). See you there!

*ACEO is an acronym for Art Cards Editions and Originals. ACEOs are miniature pieces of art that measure 2-1/2" x 3-1/2". They are sometimes used as artist trading cards, like baseball cards. 

Comments