Current exhibit and holiday season updates


Gold II, sold 
Wow. It has certainly been a while since I have done my regular blogging! To all of the new subscribers to my newsletter who are seeing this for the first time, I have to say, don't give up on me yet! I am planning to be posting very regularly again in January. 

I have had a full and blessed "art year". I have had the privilege of being in several art groups, in several exhibits and competitions, part of a film about artists, and teacher for a couple of classes this year. I hope that through all of these things, I continue to grow, both artistically and personally. 

Gold II is one of the paintings currently on display at my exhibit in The Gallery in Warsaw, IN. This exhibit is called My Favorite Things and contains several of my favorite paintings, (see below) as well as paintings which are favorites of my family and friends. I wonder whether YOUR favorite is there!  

My hope is to complete at least a couple more paintings this year, but I am choosing to put family first, which (sadly) includes some homemaking. Don't get me wrong, I like homemaking. Just not so much when it keeps me from my studio. *wink* 

My Christmas focus this year seems to be on the idea of Advent, and particularly the part of waiting for the coming of God's Salvation. So IF I get a chance to paint, that is what I will be trying to express. 

Isaiah 9:6
"For a child will be born for us,
a son will be given to us,
and the government will be on His shoulders.
He will be named
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."

So let me finish this post with a few more images from the current exhibit, and I will wish you a very Merry Christmas. 


Beauty Required, click here to see blog post

Kindness II, click here to see blog post

Overflowing Hope, click here to see blog post

Wish You Were Here, click here to see blog post


Comments