Prayer Cards

Isn't it interesting how once in a while, a particularly significant and poignant time of life sneaks up on you? Have you had that happen to you? And I am finding that during this kind of time, it is crucial to put the important things first, and fit the rest of life around them. Interestingly, as I have been visiting at my son's church the last couple of Sundays, this has been the theme of their sermon series. As I type, I can envision the graphic they have had on the screen demonstrating the principle of putting first things first. 

This painting that I am posting is one of a collection of small paintings that I group together to use as prayer cards. They could be used in a lot of ways, such as listing things that I want to remember to pray for, or listing Bible verses that remind me of things I am thankful for, or separating my prayer list into daily segments. Prayer lists can be especially helpful to me during hectic days. I am making some sets to offer for sale at the art fair I will be part of August 25-26 in Syracuse, IN. 

This art fair is just part of a PACKED schedule for the next while. I am having the opportunity now of putting the first, most important things first as I prepare for that event and several others. One of the things that comes first for me is family, now and always. My son, who will soon be moving to Dallas, is staying with us for the next few days as he prepares for this next big step in his life.  My daughter is taking a similar step - both kids are starting seminary in a week or two - but she is getting settled in Michigan! My husband and I had a great opportunity to help her out a little bit this past weekend. I absolutely love being able to spend the time with each of them and enjoy them! 

Another of the big things to come first is other people near me - friends and church family. We had the privilege of  helping a dear friend last night when she had to be hospitalized. I was honored to be able to be a help. And the time was well spent!

More than these things, my priority is to spend time with my Heavenly Father. I find it is way too easy to read my Bible without letting His word effect change in me each day, to become distracted, or even to neglect my time with Him all together! But I know from experience that putting this commitment first is life-giving to me and is helpful to keeping every other opportunity in order. So taking the time for Bible reading, meditating on the Word of God, and prayer is crucial. 

As I paint and post, organize and print out, run errands and study and practice skills, I want, more than anything, to be in tune with and aware of the presence of my Loving Heavenly Father. I hope that you are in tune with Him, too, and aware of His enormous love for you!

Current and upcoming events:


Ventures in Creativity; Fort Wayne, IN; July 8 - August 18, 2017 - Award winner
Oakwood Art Festival; Syracuse, IN; August 26, 2017
GOD in the Abstract; Exhibit with Andy Corp, poured acrylic artist; Lakeland Art Center, Warsaw, IN; August 2017
30 Paintings in 30 Days; September, 2017

Aldersgate Exhibit; Fort Wayne, IN; Sept 10 - Oct 9, 2017
Abstract Classes - Sept 12, 14, 19, 21
SALI NATIONAL ABSTRACT ART EXHIBITION XIII; Indianapolis, IN; October 3 – 27, 2017

*The Five Group Exhibit; The Gallery; Warsaw, IN; November 2017

Artisan Holiday Boutique; Warsaw, IN; November 4, 2017

*Solo Exhibit; The Gallery; Warsaw, IN; December 2017

Comments