Be Still Landscape

Be Still Landscape
"You ARE going to be busy!" my Beloved Husband said to me this morning as we shared some time on the couch with our coffee and calendars. I love the time we spend in the mornings, and it is well worth getting up at "zero-dark-thirty", as I have heard it called. We were discussing my next couple of months' art calendar. Whew! (see my upcoming events at the bottom of this post)

Not only is my art life packed for the next stretch of weeks, our personal life will be full of challenges, too, as both of our adult kids move and start seminary (!), and we do our best to help them. My in-laws head back south during this time too, and also we have some new responsibilities to cover. It looks a bit overwhelming from this point! 


SOLD

7" x 5"
Painted with acrylic heavy-body paint and water soluble pastel on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

In today's Bible reading, I read of Jesus being tested in the wilderness for forty days, and then teaching, and then healing and meeting crowds. I feel overwhelmed just reading about His "schedule". But I noticed in a couple of verses that He knew where to find rest and to recharge for His work. He went to the wilderness, alone, and talked to His Father in Heaven. Amazing. 
John 4:42a When day came, Jesus left and went to a secluded place...
John 5:16 But Jesus Himself would often slip away to the wilderness and pray.

I am guessing that the way for me to find rest and renewal is similar - it is with my Heavenly Father, too. In fact, in His Word, the Bible, He has called me to rest. Here is a verse that reminds me that He has my whole life well in hand. What a relief!

Psalm 46:10 “Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”



Ventures in Creativity juried art exhibit, Fort Wayne Artist Guild; Fort Wayne, IN; July 8 - August 18, 2017
GOD in the Abstract: Representations of Where God Touches Us in our Abstract Lives; Joint exhibit, Lakeland Art Association Center, Warsaw, IN; August 2 - 31, 2017, reception August 6
Oakwood Art Festival; Syracuse, IN; August 26, 2017
30 Paintings in 30 Days; worldwide painting challenge; my own studio (thank goodness!); September 1-30
4 paintings on display; Citizens Square, Fort Wayne, IN; September-October, 2017 
Abstract Classes; 4 sessions in September; Warsaw, IN; Click here for more information.
*SALI NATIONAL ABSTRACT ART EXHIBITION XIII; Indianapolis, IN; October 3 – 27, 2017
*pending

Comments