Peace III (Fruit of the Spirit)

Peace III (Fruit of the Spirit)
"I am sure you are all shocked. I am shocked too." That is how the email from my favorite local gallery opened. My FAVORITE, the one I just got into! It is closing at the end of this week, with only 5 days notice. I felt like I had been kicked in the gut... 

I was very excited to be one of 20 artists chosen to be in a show at this gallery where 9 square works of art, 12" x 12", are designed to be hung in a group of 3 x 3. I worked on this most of the month of September, and am still working on it. My statement that I submitted for jury said that the paintings would be abstract representations of the fruit of the Spirit as mentioned in the New Testament book of Galatians. Well, I have had a few challenges to the characteristics I have been painting, that's for sure! 

So now, here is another example of 'peace' - I was not sure whether my last painting of peace would fit well with the group, and actually, I am not sure of this one either. But, I still love to paint, and when I am done, I will have a beautiful grouping to show, or sell, or keep! :)


 12 x 12 acrylic 

Galatians 5:22-23 (New American Standard Bible) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
 

Comments