Rachel's Day Five

Rachel's Day Five
Today, I finally finished this commission painting that has been consuming my attention for much of the summer. Between finding the size, hearing the specifics, and getting started, it was on my mind for a long time - and the painting took a long time too. This is a color change and size change (from 11 x 14 to 18 x 24) from a previous painting I did, and there was so much to figure out on it! 

For more on the meaning of the painting, please visit my blog on the other painting.

Last night, I also pulled together and framed all of the paintings I will be taking to Lakeland Art Association's gallery in Pierceton, IN for my solo exhibit there. I also have an art fair in about a week that I am participating in, and a contest that I am entering - and I have yet to start my painting! It is due on September 4, so I had better get crack-a-lackin'!

Comments