Encamps

Encamps
I have been working through trying to paint a fairly heavy subject with cheerful, brighter tints. I hope this combination is a choice that communicates both ideas. I guess I will do my next one with more pastel-y colors! ;)

On my Facebook page, I posted a photo album of the progression of work on this painting. (It is a public page, so even if you don't have Facebook, you can still see it.) 

This work is based on Psalm 34:7 "The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and rescues them." I really wanted the feeling of surrounding the focal point with a strong line, and the heaviest, darkest part of the painting is the arc that encircles that point. That heavier arc is accented with copper and silver. Action and detail, color and texture are vivid in this piece. 

22" x 28" acrylic on watercolor paper

Comments